A whole lot of pain for a little bit of redemption.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Iron Cross My Heart

Despite the 2 hour drive each way, I enjoy my trek to Michaux State Forest each year. The foliage is usually at it's peak and the weather insires wool hats and mittens. This year it would be a little sweeter because my trusty companion is a Red Sox fan and first time cross spectator (and possible sweetheart...).

Brian and I, sleepy-eyed over having staying up late to watch the Sox crush the Indians in the first game of that series, but arrived with enough time to get me registered and ready. A few pre-ride warm ups of the course proved efficient and I enjoyed this year's modifications. The change at the start was the most noticeable; it was very nice not to have to tackle a mountain each time around. Instead they left the climbing for the barriers, again placed strategically uphill. As always, the death spiral didn't disappoint.

I felt strong, excited and anxious. I had a strong start but couldn't hold it for long. I fought for a bit, but just tried to maintain a good cadence and enjoy the day. Not hard to do with a 6' cutie cheering you on!

In the end I was 7 out of 9. Not bad. Too bad though this race is no longer apart of the MABRA series, as points would have been nice. But I guess it's just an honor to race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home